Need brief SWP closing recommendations

Hi!! First time closing a SWP. Pool has been great, crystal clear all season. It s an 18X33 above ground. I will be using the return jet plug as well as the skimmer cover door with gasket that tightens from inside the skimmer. Pump, filter and all plumbing will come inside the house. (Union joints are great). I have (2) 4x15 pillows to go lengthwise under the cover. Chemical readings are good. I purchased 2 of the slow release chlorine canisters to hang from the pillows during the winter. Any other chemicals to add before putting the cover on? Thanks in advance.

I would probably go ahead and raise my FC to shock level and let it circulate for 24 hours or so, and I probably wouldn't use tri-chlor (slow release chlorine canisters), but if the rest of your chemistry is in order, then you should be good to go.

I'm certainly no expert as I'm new to pools this year, but I'm guessing someone is soon going to suggest that turn off your cell and instead add bleach to get your FC up to shock levels for closing. No sense shortening the life of your generator when bleach is so easy to add. Check the pool calculator link to figure out your bleach needs. Those are my weekend plans too!

Kelly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.