Plumbing Question to Add Heater

jcluff

Apr 21, 2015
Safford, AZ
Attached are some pictures that show my current plumbing. I'm in the process of adding a heater, but am not sure the best way to tie it in. I don't see a way to cut the pipe and tie into anywhere. It needs to be plumbed to the outlet side of the return. Current PVC pipe is 2.5" which so far has further complicated the issue. I will most likely turn the filter 180 degrees and re-plumb my inlet to my filter from my pump, plumb in to my heat pump, and then connect back into my return line somehow. Just not sure how to do it once I take the union off where my filter connects to right now. Any ideas on best way to do this?

Attachments

• Pool System.jpg
    Pool System.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Tie-in Point.jpg
    Tie-in Point.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 37
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Yup, your plumber did you no favors at all. Some of these guys need to be slapped and told to leave some extra pipe somewhere :whip:

You either need to move the filter to the right, or maybe move it right and rotate it 90 degrees to be facing the pump.

If you cut the pipe right by the last Tee fitting, you should be able to use a ram-bit to bore out that fitting so you can glue a new pipe into it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.