Quick question on ahh-some usage

Nov 13, 2014
Lake Ariel, PA
Hi there,

Just ordered some ahh-some and plan to use it with my first water change (just over 4 months since new).

I have some quick questions about the directions on the container that I'm hoping someone can clarify.

1.) I thought we had to drain, then fill, treat with ahh-some, drain, wipe down and refill. The directions don't mention the initial drain, just that we need adequate levels of sanitizer before we start. So can I just throw it in there with the old water that's there now, run it, drain, and refill?
2.) After running the jets and air for 15 - 30 minutes with the product in, it says to drain and run the jets and blower for 10 seconds. Is it actually ok to do this with no water in the tub? I suspect it's just to spit out the gunk in the lines into the tub for cleanup but I am a boating person and would never think of turning my engine on without the outdrive in water or on the muffs.

Thanks!

When I did it, I drained the water, refilled with clean and then did the Ahh-some treatment. I don't think you'd need to unless the water is very cloudy or has issues. Make make sure your sanitizer (chlorine, bromine) levels aren't abnormally high and just add the Ahh-some to the current water. If the water is gross, way out of hand then drain first, refill, ahh-some, drain, refill.

It's fine to run the jets and/or blower for short periods for the exact purpose you suspect. It helps clear the lines a bit, even though some will remain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.