Any thoughts about this pool from Wayfair?

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Does anyone know of this brand by blue wave pools. I see a great deal on Wayfair. Since I'm tight on space and money this may be the perfect pool. Any thoughts? Also, I called blue wave and asked if I can also attach a salt generator somehow and the woman who didn't sound that knowledgeable said no. I'm thinking she's wrong though.

http://www.wayfair.com/Swim-Time-12...eel-Swimming-Pool-Package-NB3304-RFW1284.html

You should be able to use a SWG just like with other above ground pools. I think the lady you spoke with just did not know so she told you no to be on the safe side.

- - - Updated - - -

You may also want to check Walmart prices for Intex pools. They usually have great deals and you can have it shipped to the store for free. We paid $250 for our 15x48 last year.

One reason it's 12' in dia.(two adults w/their arms outstretched and touching could easily cover the entire dia. of this pool) It also uses a 1" top rail,very small uprights,an overlap liner and small ladder.All those things help reduce the cost of the overall cost of the pool.I have no experience with this pool but i'd be willing to bet it uses a very small sand filter,of course it's a small pool.Don't take this the wrong way but you may want to keep your options open. seen these? http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Spla...-Pool-with-Metal-Frame-48-Depth/PRO15RPLK.htm Intex makes a similar version.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Shar...bove-Ground-Swimming-Pool/PREP1548SSPSSN1.htm You have to add a pump and sand filter to this one(craigslist is your friend in this dept.) I know it costs a little more but you'll still have it around in 10 yrs.

Sorry,I didn't see you already own an Intex.

One reason it's 12' in dia.(two adults w/their arms outstretched and touching could easily cover the entire dia. of this pool) It also uses a 1" top rail,very small uprights,an overlap liner and small ladder.All those things help reduce the cost of the overall cost of the pool.I have no experience with this pool but i'd be willing to bet it uses a very small sand filter,of course it's a small pool.Don't take this the wrong way but you may want to keep your options open. seen these? http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Spla...-Pool-with-Metal-Frame-48-Depth/PRO15RPLK.htm Intex makes a similar version.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Shar...bove-Ground-Swimming-Pool/PREP1548SSPSSN1.htm You have to add a pump and sand filter to this one(craigslist is your friend in this dept.) I know it costs a little more but you'll still have it around in 10 yrs.

Sorry,I didn't see you already own an Intex.

What does an overlap liner mean, is that a bad thing?? I see what you posted about the sharkline pool. That does seem and look more sturdy but I'm trying to keep costs down. I guess my question is do you think the one I posted would make it through at least 5 years

An overlap liner goes over the top of the pool wall and is help in place with coping strips. When it is time to replace the liner, you have to remove the top rail and strips. There are two other types of liners that are easier to remove but they cost more.

As far as the pool you are considering, if this pool is at the top of your budget, then it is better than Intex because it has the hard wall to protect the liner. However, the cheaper the pool.. And this one is cheap, then it may be more difficult to assemble. For example, the wall is likely made of very thin metal and if you don't have several people to help assemble it, the likelihood of it bending is high. I have read reviews about people struggling to assemble pools that were cheaply priced. At the price of this pool, be prepared to buy a better pump and filter.

If it were me, I would Google a bit more and see if there are reviews on this pool or one that is very similar.

This pool comes with a 12" filter and a 1/2 hp pump. I think the pump might be OK but the filter is definitely undersized. I be the liner is the cheapest made so, you should consider ordering a better liner the day you order this pool. When you put it up, you don't want to have to replace the liner within a year due to a rip or tear.

There is nothing wrong with an overlap liner (as long as it's of good quality).It just requires a bit more finesse and adjustment when installing. I don't have any experience with this particular pool so I can't say how long it will last.I was just giving you some reasons why it was so cheaply priced. As stated before see if you can find some reviews on both the pool and Blue Wave,that may help you decide.

I know nothing about that particular pool, but have heard very good things about other models of Blue Wave pools. I do not, however, think that a SWCG can be used with all above ground pools. Some models say that they are rated for SWG and some don't. I could be wrong.

I know nothing about that particular pool, but have heard very good things about other models of Blue Wave pools. I do not, however, think that a SWCG can be used with all above ground pools. Some models say that they are rated for SWG and some don't. I could be wrong.

The SWG thing is true. Some manufacturers say no to SWGs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.