Aqualink RS6 with iAqualink 2.0 and OneTouch

Feb 25, 2015
Davis, CA
Hello,

I am new here, and been reading a lot of great stuff here. My pool will be undergoing a total remodel in two weeks. The pool is getting resurface (with PebbleStone), new concrete, new plumbing, and new equipment. I am going to do the automation installation by myself since the Pool Builder was very expensive. He wanted $800 (installation included) for Power Center. I think the iAqualink interface alone was about $600, and that doesn't include the Aqualink RS4. I purchased an Aqualink RS6 (RS-PS6, Rev T) that I got off from Ebay for $225.

I was wondering if it was possible to add both a OneTouch and an iAqualink 2.0 to the Aqualink RS? From what I read, it sounds like it's possible, but I haven't seen any discussion on how to do it. I am doing the automation installation since the pool builder price was OUTRAGEOUS. He wanted $800 (installation included) for the power center.

Thanks
Minh

I assume its possible, this is from the IQ20 install manual. "When installing the iAquaLink 2.0 device indoors, if another AquaLink wired interface (ie. OneTouch™, All-button, etc.) is mounted indoors, the two devices may share an RS-485 (4-wire) cable to communicate from inside the home to the AquaLink control panel." So they clearly support it. It also mentions that you can connect up to 2 devices to the red 4-pin terminal bar without a need for a multiplexer.

As stated above Its definitely possible as i have both OneTouch and iAqualink2.0 running with my AqualinkRS. I didn't install the OneTouch myself as it was done by the builder since I've purchased it as part of my package. But I did add iAqualink myself and it wasn't hard (except the fact that I initially had iAqualink1.0 and it was an outdated POS, that I had all kind of trouble getting to work, eventually I got Jandy replace it with v2.0 which is great). The unit will come with instructions and it all pretty much comes down to wiring in the j-box and then configuring wifi. It will automatically get all the preprogrammed settings from the RS. I'm assuming the OneTouch install is very similar (less wifi) as it also has an (RF) j-box to wire in. I would recommend doing the OneTouch first as then you can do all the initial programing for your RS through it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.