Skimmer repair went South!

Ree

May 28, 2013
Hi from New England. After the winter we have had I was not surprised to find that my skimmer was broken (on my above ground 15x24 oval pool) and my water level down a little low. A fix I thought I could do myself. I didn't know what kind to buy so I thought it a good idea to take of the skimmer before I bought one to match up the holes etc. I ordered one on line that lined up with my old holes but needed a two more. I took it upon myself to drill a small hole in the proper place after lining up the plate etc. When I drilled the hole I caused a small tear just below where the gasket will be about an inch to an inch and a half. My dilema,1) should I fill the pool before I attempt to put in the new skimmer? 2) What is the most amazing patch you can think of to patch a vinyl liner on the wall below or around and under a skimmer gasket and face plate?

all the things I can't go back and do are done... I was beating myself up all night about starting this project and not being able to finish it~~ (single mom here no excuse I know.) I'm just trying to get this ready for our usual Sunday Fundays that are so limited here in Massachusetts.

thanks in advance reepool skimmer tear.jpg

I would get a patch that will run diagonally across the corner to completely cover the rips. Should be fine if you patch it well then reinstall the skimmer opening over the patch.

There are plenty of options to be found on Amazon or other online sites, but I don't have personal experience with any.

Thanks Minnesota Joel!!! One of my questions is should I fill the pool before the install of the new skimmer or should I leave it low its low... probably by 2 feet from the snow fall and broken skimmer etc this Winter.

ree

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.