Opinions on a concrete chain wall for AG pool

Mar 30, 2015
Port Neches, Texas
Preparing an the site for a 30' x 54" Pool-factory 8000 series saltwater AG pool. I have removed the grass/sod and in the area and now I'm looking at leveling the outer area and one area roughy 8 ' long is about 2-1/2" low. Everything I've read says to dig out to the lowest point and don't fill it in so it looks like I will have remove dirt from around the majority of area. I'm seriously considering pouring a small 1.5' X 3-1/2"concrete chain wall for the pools structure to rest on instead of just having concrete pads under the post and have the rails resting on the soil. I then fill inside the chain wall with Manson's sand and use a gas powered tamper to compact the base. This will also help me elevate the pool somewhat as we get quite a few heavy down pouring rains here on the Texas Gulf-coast my whole lot is relative flat an after removing the grass and sod it's slightly lower. Please share your experiences and thoughts about this plan.
Thanks Darrin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.