Darn. Do I have to shock again?

Jul 5, 2014
Rincon, GA
I finished shocking our pool, FC tested nine on tues. Was letting it level down. I took a break for a couple days because I was just tired of it and overwhelmed.

Dumb excuse I know [emoji24] but a big move with two little ones will do that to ya.

Anyway. Tested today, so I could figure out how to start with out SWG. Currently it isn't running or has no salt. My numbers were good. FC was 1.5

We have some black algae that didn't go away during the shock, but we weren't really scrubbing. We vaccumed it all up but it's back, water is clear though.

My results are pH 7.2
Hardness 250
CYA- still less than twenty. Should the dot be completely disappeared or just not black?? We added five lbs during shock
Alkalinity 80
CC .5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

restart the slam if you see growth. It will be faster than last time. Make sure you scrub every inch of the pool, behind stairs, inside of stairs, etc...

how long ago was the CYA added? if can take a week for it to show up on tests...the black dot should disappear. (I dislike that test as it's very subjective...and I'm anal retentive....it's the best test out for CYA that I know of so it is what it is.)

Make sure you don't drop below the SLAM FC (for a CYA level appropriate to the amount of CYA you added) until you pass the three SLAM criteria.
1. CC .5 or less
2. pass OCLT
3. clean clear water.

you must pass all three.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.