bleached pool now what?

Apr 22, 2015
atlanta TX
I bleached my pool Sunday it changed colors quickly from brown stained water to clean but really cloudy not sure where to go from here. already running last summer first time start up for me.
Cant see the bottom to finish cleaning leaves out. Need some help.

Atlanta, TX. Had to google that, didn't know we had an Atlanta here. Right on the LA border, south of Texarkana.

To update your signature click SETTINGS upper right and then click EDIT SIGNATURE lower left.

The TF100 or Taylor K2006 are the choices we suggest. The TF100 has more reagent for just a little more $$, but it works out better in that regard. If you SLAM, you'll run out of reagent in the 2006 pretty quickly.

Ok these are my #

Total chlorine 0.5
total bromine 1
free chlorine 0
ph. 6.2 or lower
total alkalinity 0-40
salt shows. 0

Yes i used test strips its the only way until i get a test kit. Gotta get started now though.

Where do i go from here.

I would caution against getting started just for the sake of getting started. Without good test results, at best you might be wasting money, but you could do damage if you add too much of the wrong thing.

My suggestion is to spend the time waiting on the kit by reading pool school and read the threads of others in your situation. That way when you get started it will already be familiar.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Assuming your water is still murky and assuming the test strips are correct (they are probably not) you need to adjust your pH up into the lower 7's.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School........the section on pH will tell you how to raise it and then "pool math" will tell you how much to use.

Again, I don't have any faith in the test strips so I have no real idea of the outcome.

Once your pH falls in line, you will be ready to start a SLAM. read "SLAM" in the "How To" section up in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.