Inside pool discolor and value question

Apr 20, 2015
Dallas, TX
Hello - as I'm waiting on my test kit I did some cleaning. I notice my pool had a touch of yellow and green. I pour some algae clean and scrub the shell of the pool... I notice the shell of the pool is very discolor.

What can I do to make the shell of the pool white? I scrub the pool a few times, but still a little brown here and there...

Also, I did an inspection of the pool equipment and notice a nob broken from the value... The pool pressure is at 10 and I think it should be above that.. The jets are very weak. Any help please...

The pool 13K gallons

View attachment 35593

View attachment 35592

Forget whatever "algea scrub" is ... you just need to use bleach.
The remedy for the stains depends on the cause of the stain. Does it brush off? Does a vitamin C tablet lighten the stain? Does a trichlor puck lighten the stain?

That knob is a place for adding grease I think. Not sure if you need the cap or not, I would think so.

Why do you think the pressure should be higher?
Are the skimmer and pump baskets clean?

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Yes I'm adding bleach to it daily (QUART)...

Where do i get vitamin C from to keep the pool shell looking white.

Yes - after i scrub it just moves, and I vacuum the pool but the pressure is at 10, so it don't pick everything up... The gaugae say its should be between 10 -20 but still steedy at 10.

Yes everything is clean....

That is not what vitamin C is for, but is the stain is moving, then it is not metal stains.

A gauge does not tell you what pressure your system should be at. You can turn those little arrows to point where ever you want. Does the gauge go to 0 when you turn the pump off?

Higher pressure does not necessarily mean you have higher flow rate.

Yes when it turn off it goes to zero and when it turns on it goes to 10, but before it was going to 18 and I felt more pressure on the JETS.

Now that the gauge is reading 10 I don't feel any strong pressure for the JETS.

Also clean out the pump leaf basket with a hose, sometimes the holes get clogged and can restrict flow into the pump.

Also, here is a link to info for updating your signature, What we need to know to answer your questions. Click SETTINGS, upper right and then EDIT SIGNATURE lower left.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.