Can this solar heater be connected to an Intex Pool

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I am considering buying this solar heater (I'm not sure of the brand). I currently have a 14' intex ultra metal frame pool with the pump that comes with the pool. I think the pump is 1000 gph and has 1 1/4" hoses. Does anyone know if this connects somehow directly to the pump. I also have the intex saltwater generator that is connected to the pump. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. If worse comes to worse I could just attach a hose and my submersible pump to the heater but obviously it would be easier to connect to the intex stuff I have. Thanks

Sorry to say that it is just really a waste of money as it does not have enough surface area to warm up your pool very little, (if at all). You would need probably over 12 to see a difference in the pool temp. Lot's of folk here been through same thing. Instead buy a good quality solar blanket, and don't run your pump at night as that will help even more.

That will work but you won't get much heat rise. I had two and they helped when the water was already warm but not much when it was cold. I can only say that now because I have standard panels to compare it to. I got them from the lnk below for $99 and parts to install cost another $100. Watch them, the price will drop. Also, if you live in a decent size town, the heater you posted often shows up on Craigslist and so do solar panels. http://www.doheny.com/poolsupplies/Above-Ground-Pool-Solar-Heating-System-18101.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.