Armor Kote ag pool cover

Jun 2, 2008
DFW
Been browsing for a while now time to post :-D
I was looking at the armor kote ag pool cover at intheswim.com

Does anyone have any experience with this cover??

Who is the best vendor to buy from?

Is there anything else I should buy for the cover??

I am in North Texas so a freeze should not be an issue.
I am planning on possibly fabbing some stainless steel loops to screw to the uprights to possibly hook the cable to. I will not know until I see the cover.

I currently use the BBB method and could not be happier. Is there any thing I should look out for when installing this cover and also how much polyquat should I buy to shut down my pool? It is 14800 gallons. I was going to order the polyquat from intheswim or whoever I buy the cover from.

Any recommendations for the best options are much appreciated.

Thanks

-=PEAKABOO=-

I just installed a 12yr Arctic Armor cover on my pool tonight.

To be honest with you, I'm not too happy about the quality of the grommets. One was missing, one fell off during install, and one was stamped into the edge of the cover and wasn't entirely surrounded by material. However, I'd already drained water and was ready to shutdown when I noticed it all, so I went ahead and used it. Its a cheap cover. It will be interesting to see how it does over the next year or two assuming that squirrels don't destroy this one like my last one.

I got it from BackyardCity. They shipped really fast.

http://www.backyardcitypools.com/pool-c ... ers-AG.htm

-=PEAKABOO=- said:
Been browsing for a while now time to post :-D
I was looking at the armor kote ag pool cover at intheswim.com

Does anyone have any experience with this cover??

Who is the best vendor to buy from?

Is there anything else I should buy for the cover??

What did you think of the cover PEEKABOO? Anyone else?

We're looking at buying an 18x33 armor kote cover for our 16x32 pool. Last year we bought a 16x32 cover & had a lot of trouble with the wind mushrooming it up. We had a 2' deck on one side of the pool, and we eventually used bungee cords to attach one side of the cover to the deck. On the other side, we ran bungee cords to big water jugs; but we still had problems. This year we added an almost rail-height (about 4') deck to the bare side of the pool. (That deck also wraps around one corner of the pool, stepping down to about 3'.) We're planning to purchase double water tubes with the cover to hold the sides down against both decks. We're still not sure exactly what to do on the rounded ends of the pool, but we're considering using the double water tubes on the rail. (It's a doughboy pool & the rails are strong enough to sit on, so I'm guessing that would be okay.) Any suggestions? How do other people with multi-level decks attach pool covers?
Thanks for any help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.