Frustrated in Florida (with pics)

Here's the latest. Today, Wednesday, my numbers are currently
FC: 13.5
CC: 4
TC: 17.5
pH was at 6.8 so I raised it to about 7.6.
The green color is fading and water looks very clear. Sad thing is that the weather here is starting to cool off (yes, even in
Florida!). :(
I'm going to see how the numbers are tonight and in the morning. I'm pretty sure it will hold at 15 overnight, once I get it to 15 today. So then I'm just waiting for the CC's to fall to .5 or lower. Question....do I need to boost to 15 everytime until CC's are at level then let FC levels fall to 3-7ppm?
Thanks for everyone's help. It's been an adventure, one that I DON'T regret! :mrgreen:

My CC levels seem to be stuck at 3. On Wednesday they were 4 and now its Sunday and they've only dropped to 3. We've had great weather here, lots of sunshine, so I'm a little confused as to why it won't go down. I"ve cleaned the filter, still flushed out some baquagoo, but the filter looks great. I keep boosting the chlorine levels to 15. Any advice? I really thought I would have been done by now.

As you can see from this thread at the poolcenter.com forum, another Baq-to-chlorine conversion pool seemed to get stuck with high CC for an extended period of time, but continued exposure to chlorine did slowly reduce it from 6-8 to around 1.5 (so far). I'm not sure what this is, but some chemicals do take longer to react with chlorine so at this point I would recommend Pool Owner Patience. As long as there is measurable FC at appropriate levels, the pool is safe. If you keep the FC level higher, then the CC will drop more quickly, but it should drop regardless, albeit more slowly at lower FC levels.

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.