Trouble with Aquapure ei

Poolk

Apr 22, 2015
Memphis
I have a Jandy Aquapure ei that has worked perfectly for 3 season. After I connected it this season, I am getting a "low salt/low temperature" reading when it starts up each morning. If I turn it off and then back on, the message goes away. I have checked both the salt level and the water temp and both are fine. I am trying to figure out if a need a new cell or if the cell connections are bad. Does anyone know what each terminal on the cell is for. I have searched the web and the blue wire/terminal seems to be for "flow". I cannot find any info on the others. I called Jandy yesterday but the poor tech that I talked to did not seem to be familiar with this unit and kept mixing it up with another. He told me to call a company to come to my house and check the unit but I can replace the cell or wiring for what that would cost. Just need to figure out where the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

It sounds like the cell is failing and needs to be replaced, but what are the actual levels of the water temp and salinity of the water?

Make sure the cell is clean and you have proper flow through the cell.

Welcome to TFP!

+1 on what is your water temp? I wouldn't spend much time worrying about your cell until after the water gets to 65 or 70, there is flakiness at lower temps.

Here is some info on how to update your signature, What we need to know to answer your questions

Pool temp is 70 - 72. Salt level is a little over 4000. All ideal conditions.

Cleaned the cell even though it had no scale. Did not help. The cell has never had scale buildup.

I have the same SWG. It could be the cell starting to fail. I have the same error sometimes but it is always when I first start it either if I have had a lot of rain or if the temperature was cold overnight. If I wait a minute or two the error goes away. I assume it just needs time for the water to mix more when I start my pump. You may want to leave it on and see if it resets itself like mine does. I am on my sixth year with the original system and cell. Hope this is helpful.

I have the same SWG. It could be the cell starting to fail. I have the same error sometimes but it is always when I first start it either if I have had a lot of rain or if the temperature was cold overnight. If I wait a minute or two the error goes away. I assume it just needs time for the water to mix more when I start my pump. You may want to leave it on and see if it resets itself like mine does. I am on my sixth year with the original system and cell. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks doglover. Mine always happens when it first starts up too but it never goes off. It starts up around 8:00 a.m. and will still have the error message when I get home at 5:30. I though about the cell going bad but if I turn it off and then back on, the message is gone and stays off until it starts again in the morning. Seems like if the cell was bad, the message would reappear. The message will also go away if I unplug one of the leads from the cell.

Thanks doglover. Mine always happens when it first starts up too but it never goes off. It starts up around 8:00 a.m. and will still have the error message when I get home at 5:30. I though about the cell going bad but if I turn it off and then back on, the message is gone and stays off until it starts again in the morning. Seems like if the cell was bad, the message would reappear. The message will also go away if I unplug one of the leads from the cell.

That's interesting. I have never had that happen before. Hopefully someone has.

I just had same problem. First it was No Flow. Then Low temp check salt and my salt levels were high 5000ppm. Now No Flow again. I found out the panel burned out in two places. And my dumbass bought a brand new cells that I used for 1 week will try to sell on ebay.

I just bought a brand new Hayward Blue Essence. Pool guy is here as we speak putting it in. I'm going to take pics. Chances are same thing happened to you. Panel burned out. I hope not but I opened it up and realized it myself. Sucks!
Im done with Jandy.

I heard Hayward SWG's last forever.

I have had the same error code on my Aquapure ei since installation. PB told me not to worry and that it was because I was running my pump at low speeds and so the sensor doesn't work correctly. I turned my pump up higher and it didn't change the error code. :/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.