Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Marcite, Pebble Tek or River Rok

1. Back To Top    #1

Marcite, Pebble Tek or River Rok

I'm getting a pool and I am unsure what finish to get in the pool. I have heard that River Rok is rough on the feet. Any truth to this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Marcite, Pebble Tek or River Rok

Hi, and Welcome to TFP!

Any exposed aggregate finish will be rough on the feet.

I expect there are varying degrees, tho, and lack the experience with any of them to be objective!

Happy pool-building!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

We have PebbleTec on our pool. The surface is slightly rough. However we like it because it acts like nonskid! The biggest point for us however was that for the PebbleTec finish (but not the Pebble sheen and other finishes) they offered a lifetime warranty. As we plan on staying in our home for at least another 15 years, this was a biggy.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi, What did you decide on and are you happy with your decision? I am trying to decide between River Rok, Pebble Tech, and Wet Edge. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    40 x 16 (28k gallon) plaster pool, Intelliflo VF pump, Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, using Purifiber, using BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

We have Pebble Tec, Tahoe Blue. We love it. It is "non-skid" as the previous poster described, but not what I would call rough. Our 7 year old stays in for hours and has never had ANY issues with the bottom of her feet.
    Approx 18,000 gallons, Jandy CL 580 Cartridge, Gunite, 2 1/2 hp 2 speed Jandy, Aquapure 1400, Polaris 280 w/booster, LXi Jandy Heater, Jandy PDA 6, PebbleTec: Tahoe Blue, Depth: 3 1/2' to 6', Perimeter: Approximately 95', Spa: 10' x 7'

6. Back To Top    #6

We have Pebble Tec - Tahoe Blue also. It was strange the first few times being in the pool walking on it, but you won't notice it for long. You have traction everywhere you go. Our best choice.
    New Pool: Goldline Aqua Logic, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Spa, Polaris QT Blower, Gunite w/ Pebble Tec, 10K Gallons

Old Pool: david-and-kristy-s-pool-build-t8676.html