Sep 13, 2008
I am a Baquasil user and my pool is the wonderful shade of green with the expensive summer of chemicals. I am getting ready to close my inground, 17,000 gallon pool for winter. I would really like to clear it and switch to clorine prior to closing. Is this a good idea? Read some of the other's posts and I have a week and I am ready to start this process. No Baquasil chems have been put in since Labor day weekend, spending 5 days cleaning it and now it is back to green.

I am doing this alone, spouse is in Afghanistan and just want a clean pool so it is ready in the spring. Do any other winter chems need to be added once the clorine conversion occurs??

I am hoping that this will be a forum that will be helpful to me in the near future. I am ready to get started, can I get a chemical kit that will work until I order one from you all!!

Laurie

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, switching to chlorine now is a great idea. You can wait till spring if you want, but now is probably better.

Right before closing you will probably want to add some polyquat (algaecide) and raise the chlorine level. If you have metals problems you will also want some extra sequestrant.

Good luck on your conversion! You will probably want to start a topic in the Baquacil area. We would be happy to walk you through the conversion process there, and everyone always wants to see pictures of your progress.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.