One skimmers or two?? for new build

Jun 7, 2013
Hey Guys!

We are in the process of building a 41x25x18 mountain lake style pool. The PB is asking if we want one skimmer or two? The pool square footage area is 730 Square feet.

Much appreciated!

Re: One scimmers or two?? for new build

One skimmer is usually enough, although that is a pretty big pool. [No idea what a mountain lake style is ;) ] If you have a lot of surrounding trees, then 2 is probably a good idea. Make that one is on the predominantly downwind side of the pool.

And make sure that each skimmer and the floor drains (if you get them) are all plumbed separately to the pump and controlled by pool valves.

Thanks for the reply!

It's a funky liver shaped pool. I don't have many trees close to the pool but there are some on the edge of the property. $550 for the second skimmer...I need to decide soon. If its not really needed, I would rather spend the $550 somewhere else!

Cheers

I would spend the money. That's a pretty big pool for just one skimmer.

Sort of like a Chevy Volt with a 20 HP motor....no, wait, they DO have a 20 HP motor.....bad analogy. JK JK

Seriously, two skimmers will be quite helpful in a pool that size.

Having two skimmers is nice because stuff gets trapped quicker in larger pools before it can sink. And also because with a 2-speed or VS pump running low, so you can be energy efficient, the water movement around the pool isn't all that fast and the baddies are trapped quicker than they would be with one.

A couple of things that people don't always think about floating in pools are bugs when swimming at night with lights (we do this a lot) and fur from pets. It not all about the landscaping.
I vote for 2 also.

And by pets I meant dogs but who knows what some people swim with!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.