Pentair Racer does not do reverse cycle. Pauses instead. Getting stuck in corners.

Mar 14, 2015
San Antonio, TX
Just bought the pentair racer after reading decent reviews. Set it up today and I saw that it would pause for a few seconds and then start up again. It's like it missing some of the reverse gears or something. I tried with and without the tail but with the same results. Is there some sort of setting that I'm missing. Thanks for the help.

I just installed a new Racer with my month old pool. I had to increase the flow with flow gauge to get the wheels to turn the proper # of rotations. I also installed the little " rubber wheel inserts " and adjusted the back nozzle "up" and now it climbs real well!

The Pentair rep came out today and took it apart on site and replaced the valve timer. It still would not go into reverse cycle so he took it to the shop. He discovered it was missing a part from the factory that is glued into place and they are sending me a new unit. I'm thinking about switching to a Polaris 280. The racer does an ok job but the swivels in the hose don't seem to work that well and the hose ends up coiled in the deep end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.