Just wanting to say thank you from Lancaster Ca

Apr 20, 2015
Lancaster, Ca
I'm sorry this is a little long.

I purchased my first home about 2 years ago and with that came my first pool. I had no experience with a pool and to tell you the truth didn't really want one but it's small and has a Coverpool automatic pool cover so I was sold. From the get go it's been a nightmare. Stained plaster, calcium deposits on the plaster, a couple of fired pool guys and a weird hybrid style pump setup that no one in my area knows how to fix so they just wanted to sell me a new variable speed pump. Then I found Leslies. Life was getting better. So I thought. Every time I went into that store I was spending hundreds of dollars and every time I bought something I would have to get something else to fix what the previous chemical messed up. Then I found this site. I was surprised to learn that "shock" is a process not a product! And happy to learn that my water is cloudy because of Cc. I read pool school and purchased a K2006 kit. I'm currently in the process of Slamming. I'm also changing my source of chlorine from trichlor to bleach.

I was ready to give up before I found you guys and am so grateful I came here. I'll update my signature tomorrow but just wanted to say thank you.

Welcome! :wave:

Look familiar?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi there Dsanchez,
once you get your pool under control and get the hang of it, you will be "shocked" pun intended, at the realization of how easy clean sparkly water really is. And the nice surprise, is that having that pool will actually be some to enjoy instead of just one more thing to have to take care of...

welcome to TFP and we hope you hang around

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support