New Coping was put down and left a 2 -2 3/4 inch space to the concrete decking help

parker

Apr 20, 2015
Ellicott MD
Hi, We contracted to have new coping, tile, and plaster done on our pool this spring. The pool company sent a subcontractor out to lay the coping. The subcontractor did the demo work on the tile and coping. Then started to do the coping and informed me the coping was the wrong size. I had to leave for an appointment and when I returned the coping had been put down anyway and was just about complete. The subcontractor said they called the pool company and sent pictures so they could see the coping was short and was told to put it down anyway. Now I have this huge gap that they want to put caulk in. I told the company this is not what we expected nor what we want. What can I do.Thanks

IG, 36000,de,plaster,

Tell them it's unacceptable and to replace the coping with coping of the correct size for the space that was left after the decking was installed. Be clear that you will accept nothing short of this. Hopefully you still have some nice money due to them as incentive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.