deep mud stains

Unfortunately, my young kids threw some mud into the spa, I didn't notice it for a good two weeks, and the mud has really worked its way into the plaster. I have brushed at it a lot, I even scrubbed at it a bit with some pumice stone, and the mud stains are very deeply set. It's almost like they've fused into the plaster.

I will try to show some pictures later, but basically it looks like spots of mud on the floor, but when you brush at them, they don't come off.

Is shocking the first thing to try?

Where do you live? Are you in one of those "red clay dirt" areas? It might just be iron stains.

First thing to try is Vitamin C. Get a few of the cheapest tablets you can find. You might have some already, or have a hypochondriac neighbor or something. Set a tablet on the stain and leave it a while. Then brush it away. If you have a white dot where it was, crushing a bunch of pills and piling them on the stain will fade them. More info on stains: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/137-metals-in-the-water-and-metal-stains

Reactions: ElliGal
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.