I am scratching my head on this....

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
My normal Psi is 11 all day long.

Yesterday I cleaned my solar cover brushing everything in to the skimmer. I use skimmer socks religiously so I changed it out after the solar cover cleaning it was full with pollen. I pulled the cover off after cleaning and cleaned my pool for the week with my normal routine. I went to a party and when I got home my Psi had shot up to 21. I turned off the pump since it was almost dark. This morning before work I backwashed twice since I couldn't get the pressure below 15, the waste was really yellow with pollen. I ran it for a couple of hours and it stayed at 15. I turned off the pump and figured I would deal with it when I got home from work. I came home and turned on the pump and the pressure is now 14. I can't figure out why my pressure is all over the board and won't drop back to 11. My gauge says 0 when the pump is off and I replaced it last August with one of the ones Dave sells from this site.

I checked my skimmer sock, main drain to make sure nothing is clogging it, cleaned the pump basket and checked my returns the pressure is fine. I really backwashed it the second time thinking the filter was still dirty. Everything looks/sounds normal except the pressure.

I had my sand replaced over the winter and a new multiport put on a couple of weeks ago could any of this be the reason behind the pressure change? any ideas?

Yes, the gauge is at zero when the pump is off.

Yes, I always change socks when they are dirty and use a clean one. I usually let them stack up and throw them all in the washer once a week. I threw all my old ones out and switched over to brand new two weeks ago. I change daily even if they don't look too bad.

I just went out and checked pressure is still at 14 and I have great pull in my skimmer.

Any changes to any valve settings?

Any check valves in the plumbing?

Any other recent changes to the plumbing?

If no to all, then it could be a problem with the filter (e.g. broken lateral).

Any changes to any valve settings?

Any check valves in the plumbing?

Any other recent changes to the plumbing?

If no to all, then it could be a problem with the filter (e.g. broken lateral).

No other changes than a new multiport last month. My pipes are all glued and nothing has been changed. Laterals were checked when the filter was cleaned and sand changed. I had a broken lateral and they fixed that. Everything was normal until yesterday when the pressure shot up and I backwashed. This is why I am scratching my head. It is just really weird. I normally can go six weeks or so in between backwashes but this stupid pollen is everywhere. I clean my pool really well once a week. I run my pump around four hours an day this time of year and yesterday I ran it all day and ran my robot twice so I am assuming I really stirred it up that is why my pressure shot up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.