Used the pool calculator
Added 4 gallons of 10 liquid choline
Added 9 lbs of baking soda
Added 9 ounces of Muriwx acid

And today the readings are

It looks better but when I brush I see green stuff like dust

Any suggestions?

Welcome to TFP!

What are the test associated to each of those numbers? It is hard to follow your test results. And none of those looks like a PH number. Give us the name of the test and the result.

The green stuff is either pollen or algae. If you are brushing it off the sides then it is likely algae. You probably need to SLAM, SLAMing Your Pool

Please update your signature as noted here, What we need to know to answer your questions

Yes, I suggest you SLAM your pool. "Shock" implies a one time thing. SLAM is a process....Shock Level and Maintain. Bring your chlorine up to a shock level relative to your CYA and keep it there until all algae is dead and gone.

How to SLAM

Follow those recommendations to a T and you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck to you!

:wave:

The water doesn;t look too cloudy, so if the green scum is algae, it hasn;t had a chance to get going. Could the stuff be pollen? Go look at a parked car, somebody's "project car, or RV, or boat, something that doesn't move much. If it's covered with the same stuff, it's probably pollen.

I misspoke I meant Slam using the guide on this site .

17.5 free chlorine
.5 combined chlorine
18 total chlorine
200 calcium
110 total alkalinity
40 cya

I didn't see any pollen on my neighbors car who has had it sitting for about a month but it's been raining.
I thought it was pollen but Im not sure

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.