New Pool Owner.Firs Opening/SLAM DONE!

Re: New Pool Owner.Firs Opening/ TF100 TEST RESULTS IN!!!

That is correct, keep the FC at 12ppm as much as you can until you pass the 3 criteria to stop.

Been testing the water almost every hour since I started the SLAM .Started at 14ppm then 12.5ppm. Just did my last test before it got completely dark out and is at 12ppm. I thinking to add DE to my sand filter to help with the process tomorrow. I found a opened bag that the last owner left here of DE.They probably had a DE Filter. I want to add it to my sand filter but I don't know if is still good. Does stuff like this go bad after a couple of years of storage/opened? I don't really know for how long that been there. Should I still use it?

Thanks

If it is still a fine powder, then it is fine. Make sure it is meant for pools though and not the food grade or stuff used for insects.

You should only consider the DE at the end stages when you are trying to clear up any remaining cloudiness.

If it is still a fine powder, then it is fine. Make sure it is meant for pools though and not the food grade or stuff used for insects.

You should only consider the DE at the end stages when you are trying to clear up any remaining cloudiness.

Yeah is for pools. Brand is Celatom. It says Diatomite Filter Media for swimming pools....Yeah is still in powder form. Is this suppose to have some kind of smell? Because it doesn't smell nothing to me.

Thanks

No smell ... and in fact you should AVOID inhaling it!!! Because as with everything in CA, it may cause cancer.

Okay thanks, I guess ill be using it.Save money instead of buying a new one...Yeah I was reading the back and is harmful to inhale. Got to wear a mask when handling with it. But thanks for that. One more question, theres dirt on the bottom of the pool and sand filter won't catch it.Is not a lot. But It just goes back to the pool. DE should take care of that when I add it? Or would is still go back to the pool?

Thanks

Nothing should be making it past the filter. That indicates there may be a problem in your filter.

Than what can be causing the problem? What should I check? Everything is brand new. Pump,filter,valve and sand. Not even a month since it was installed. The dirt seems to be very small particles. Which I read sand filter don't catch those like DE filters do? or Am I wrong?

Nothing should be making it past the filter. That indicates there may be a problem in your filter.

I'm on my third day of SLAM and I haven't notice much difference.Im been patience,I know it takes time but I seen a couple of threads here of some green pools and their water color changed next day or two.my seems kind the same.not much difference.I'm keeping my FC at 12.Also,I was vacuuming and backwashing.water level went down.had to refill with tap water.is this fine to do While slamming?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool Owner.Firs Opening/SLAM In Progress

If anybody can answer my question I would appreciate it.my pool water level went down while vacuuming /backwashing.I'm in the 3rd of SLAM.I refill my pool with tap water.Is this fine to do while Doing the SLAM? I also added more CYA since I put new water in And thought that it probably went down a little so I used a little more of CYA.are these things okay to do? Or did I mess up the SLAM process.

Thanks

Re: New Pool Owner.Firs Opening/SLAM In Progress

I would stay at it until CC < 1.0. Weather.gov says you are going to have a sunny afternoon, my hunch is that if you stay around shock level the sun might be enough to help you out with CC and you will pass all 3 tomorrow morning.

Re: New Pool Owner.Firs Opening/SLAM DONE! What's Next?

Today I finished the SLAM Process. Passed the 3 criteria.Thanks to this community now my pool is crystal clear and almost done to swim in :)....Just did all the test few minutes ago. The FC is still at shock level 12. Im letting it drift down. But I still tested the pH

pH-7.2 I know is not the true reading since still at shock level
FC-12
CC-0.5
CH-450
TA-140
CYA-30

So what would be the next thing to do?

Thanks

Well, your pH is likely to be a little low ...if you can aerate that would help raise it up. May not need to use borax to raise the pH as your higher TA should drive the pH up.

Beyond that ... swim :cheers:

Well, your pH is likely to be a little low ...if you can aerate that would help raise it up. May not need to use borax to raise the pH as your higher TA should drive the pH up.

Beyond that ... swim :cheers:

Dammit I went and bought Borax yesterday to be ready for today. Im just going to wait until FC drifts down and test pH again and let you know.what would be the appropriate pH for the type of CH my pool has?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.