intex ultra frame u-shaped support legs buckled!

I have an intex rectangular ultra frame above ground pool 12x24. When installing I had to use a sand base because of the giant rocks in our Arizona dirt. It was compacted and I used wood base for the legs and unfortunately didn't use a wide enough base for each leg and the u shaped legs completely buckled on one side of the pool. The pool was only filled for a total of 4 days. I noticed a crease on 3 supports which in a matter of a couple hours completely crumpled the corners of the supports. I'm under the impression they don't have replacement pieces. Anyone have an idea as to what I can do to rig up some new leg supports?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1429501112645.jpg
    FB_IMG_1429501112645.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 851
  • FB_IMG_1429501099345.jpg
    FB_IMG_1429501099345.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 829
Welcome to the forum!

Measure the size of the tubing. If it is a standard electrical conduit size --it will be close-- and ask several of you local electricians if they can bend that size of tube. If they can, you can have some bent. Leave the ends a few inches long, so you can cut them to fit.

Another option is to talk to local automotive exhaust system shops (like Midas) if they have a comparable size tubing, and would they custom bend some for you.

Did you just buy the pool? I would think if you contact Intex they would help you out. Did you try calling them and see if they can send you some legs ASAP?

If you bought from a big box store - call the store manager and tell them you only had the pool 4 days and they will pull some legs out of another box and trade them out.

This part? http://www.intexcorp.com/10709.html
10778_109.jpg

The pool was level but the weight of the water made the legs smash into the sand. I didn't have a big enough wood piece for the legs to sit on and it bent around it.
That white u shaped leg pictured isn't the same one for my pool. I saw those on ebay and it Wasn't the same.
I think we are going to try and get a piece of pipe and use it as a sleeve to slip the original legs In. We will bend the pipe and cut the bottom off the original legs So we can just Basically reinforce the supports and create a new leg without worrying about the fitting that goes into the top piece.

Have you figured out a solution to your problem? I need to replace 4 of these support legs because of rust. I called yesterday and was told they are out of stock and have no idea when they will be back in stock. I don't know what else to do. So disappointed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We came up with a very sturdy solution. I didn't want to use theirs anymore haha. And I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for the legs to be in stock. So with under $25 each leg we replaced 9 of them that were bent and starting to bend out of the 18. We used emt conduit and welded together a new leg. Notching the tops to sit under the horizontal support bar. We then used the sides of each original leg with the little white clip thing and slid it in the conduit making this the piece that hold it in place. Pictures are going to be posted in the next comment

Reactions: bjmsam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.