intex ultra frame u-shaped support legs buckled!

Hi Hairsprayed, I had this happen after a storm the other evening. You seem to have hit on a great solution and I sure could use your help. If it is not too much trouble, if you could send me some dimensions on the material you used and how you were able to get the old connections in your new tube. I like you, do not want to wait on Intex. Thank you

(Not so) Funny - it’s been years since this conversation was started and stupid me made the same mistake of placing the wrong size platform supports under each of the U shape frame support legs on my 12x24x52 Intex pool. His photos looked just like (I had 6 collapse and the rest are starting to bend). All the rest are slightly bent and i expect will also collapse should I attempt to reuse them. My pool has 18 of them. I feel they are kinda pricey to replace at just over $30.00 ea. average at last check. Some “person” on an unspecified popular on-line shopping site is selling them for $75.00 each……well hey! I believe in the free market system but could this extremely high price be due to COVID and a broken supply system, or, perhaps greed? In any case, they are made pretty cheaply for people like me who don’t read instructions. I think i will try and make my own as well. Only question is what size EMT? It’s priced based on size and pipe length. I figured it will take about 11ft of pipe to do just one……or - approximately 200 ft to fabricate all 18.

Attachments

• 329D3C85-94A0-4EB0-A50A-841C9FA57842.jpeg
    329D3C85-94A0-4EB0-A50A-841C9FA57842.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.