BleachCalc

bleach calc chart

hi all

I am trying to get the bleach calc chart but cant find the link in the sticky.. I have looked and looked Is there a link or maybe I have trouble at my end?

everyone is doing a great job
thanks for the help Ric W

Re: bleach calc chart

ric said:
hi all

I am trying to get the bleach calc chart but cant find the link in the sticky.. I have looked and looked Is there a link or maybe I have trouble at my end?

everyone is doing a great job
thanks for the help Ric W

It seems to have disappeared in the move. :?

Here's a temporary link to Chem Geek's site that has it: BleachCalc262 from Chem Geek

bleach calc

Hi all
I downloaded Richard's bleach calc chart my question is I can convert gal to liters but i'm lost on the pounds to kilgrams is thare a little help out there?
also tried Mickles chart it is stiil not working.

you guys and gals are doing a great job and so quick somebody seems to be on 24-7
thanks for the help Ric

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Newbies Need Explanations!

Just to see if I understand Bleachcalc............

Pool Size - convert pool capacity in gallons to liters

Chlorine Strength - is this the actual reading of FC or TC???

Quantity of Bleach - convert the ounces in the bleach jug you use to liters?????

PPM Increase Desired - what I want the reading of FC or TC to be after treatment?

Note: Have not figured out the "OR" blank just above "calculate."

Would one of you experts write out an example using a 14 X 28 pool you wanted to maintain 2 ppm? Thanks!

Here is the best little conversion program you can have on your computer for free - I use it often.

http://joshmadison.com/software/convert/

Thanks from "not the brightest bulb in the pack" (Jim) :idea:

The program can be set to either US or metric units. This is selected under "More Calcs" and "Settings"

Chlorine Strength is the concentration of the Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) you are using. Regular bleach is 5.25%, ultra bleach is 6%, and liquid shock is either 10% or 12%. Enter this as a number, e.g. 5.25 for 5.25% bleach.

PPM Increase Desired is how much you want the TC to increase. You can either enter this value or the Quantity of Bleach, and the program calculates the other.

The grayed out blanks are for results. The bleach amount is calculated in gallons, quarts, cups and ounces for easy measuring, and the OR box indicates the amount in gallons only, e.g. 1 Gallon(s), 1 quart(s), 1 cup(s) and 3 ounce(s) OR 1.3 Gallon(s).

Without knowing how much water your pool holds, I can't provide any details.

Semi-hijack in process...

John, just to clarify "regular" v. "ultra"... I was in Meijer's (sorta like Wally world) and was looking to buy bleach for the laundry. I was actually trying to find the concentration of some generic stuff (not listed, so I skipped it) But when I went to look for Ultra Clorox, there was none to be found. They had much Clorox labeled "regular". I looked on the back, and lo, it is 6%.
So apparently they have done a little change in marketing, and Clorox Regular is now 6%.

Hijack over!

The calcs there do not show how much Borax to raise PH without raising the ALK. Mine is plenty high already, but my ph has dropped to 6.8 since I installed the SWG. The Borax calc there is used only for algaecide purposes.

The rule of thumb for Borax for pH control is that it takes twice the weight of 20 Mule Team Borax to make the pH rise the same as pH Up / Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda / Sodium Carbonate. So use BleachCalc to figure how much sodium carbonate to use and double it for the weight of Borax to use.

thtmnbhndthecrtn: welcome to TFP!

You can use my Pool Calculator, see the link in my signature, on machines which don't support Bleach Calc. If you make a local copy of the Pool Calculator page on your machine you don't have to have an active Internet connection to use it.

Bleach calc for MAC?

Jason: I have been using your pool calculator since April and really love it--you are to be commended. I guess what I need to do is just start logging my bleach use.....which I have just figured out, thanks to the calculator...is probably the best way for me to optimize my CYA and not go over the top with it by using tri or di chor. I had been doing that for a couple of years. Your chart is genius, dude!! I just thought there might be some general rule of thumb chart around...? thanks......mb

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.