BleachCalc

I downloaded this app and found that I was lacking the msstdfmt.dll to run it. When I would run the dilution program it would crash and give a runtime error 713.

I got the required .dll from dll-files.com and placed it in the system32 directory. After copying the file you have to open a cmd prompt and type "regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll".

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Thanks for the program! :-D

I clicked on the link from John's post to Chem Geek's Bleach Calc, and it downloaded, but when I try to open the .exe, I get a box that comes up saying "Unexpected error." Did I do something wrong?

I would like to determine how much liquid chlorine 12.5% to put in my pool each night to maintain FC in that 2 to 6 range, maybe bump it up to 6 each night maybe? Sounds safe... what are your thoughts?
Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The tool of choice nowadays is PoolMath. There is a link for this in the link bar above between the Forum and Rules buttons

I clicked on the link from John's post to Chem Geek's Bleach Calc, and it downloaded, but when I try to open the .exe, I get a box that comes up saying "Unexpected error." Did I do something wrong?
BleachCalc was written by Michael Smith (mwsmith2). As noted in this post, it does not work in Windows 8. It also has some errors in the borates calculations.

You should use PoolMath since it is being kept up-to-date by Jason. The spreadsheet I wrote, Pool Equations, is too complicated for most users though it does give correct results for more extreme pH calculations that PoolMath is only able to estimate (such calculations are complicated). Note that you can use PoolMath offline by saving its webpage from your browser for local use.

I would like to determine how much liquid chlorine 12.5% to put in my pool each night to maintain FC in that 2 to 6 range, maybe bump it up to 6 each night maybe? Sounds safe... what are your thoughts?
As for the proper FC level, that depends on your CYA level as noted in the Chlorine / CYA Chart in the Pool School. I don't see anything that says 2 to 6 ppm FC so I'm not sure where you are getting that range of numbers. 2 ppm FC would be the minimum for an FC level of 20-30 ppm CYA. Is your Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level really that low? Usually for an outdoor pool exposed to sunlight the CYA is higher, typically around 50 ppm. Also, typical daily FC loss is usually around 2-3 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.