Adding Pentair iPhone controller

yetis

Apr 19, 2015
Sag Harbor, NY
I have a similar question. Starting the process of upgrading the pool hardware for a recently purchased house. Replacing an old Hayward pool pump with a Pentair Intelliflow, variable speed pump. With this, will add a controller that will link to the pool heater as well. What I am confused about is all the different remote options. I have very good wireless coverage throughout the house and the property and plan on redoing the whole pool in a couple years. so not interested in hard wiring a controller, yet. So if all i want is the ability to use the iphone/pad to control, for now, is the right one Pentair Easytouch PL4 - Single Body - w/ScreenLogic Wireless Bundle - Part # 522353.

Thank you

Welcome to TFP!

Correct, the 522353 package includes the Screen Logic Internet adapter so that any PC, iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet becomes a remote control. That does pretty much make all of the Pentair remotes unimportant/obsolete.

pentair PL4 schedule function????

So I have it all wired in, communicates with network, VS pentair pump connected and interacting with pl4. Heater turns on and off via pl4. However, schedule function does not work. Activated to run 8 to 4 every day. System will not recognize. Driving me nuts. Any tricks here?
On a separate note, the app is terrible and the windows program keeps crashing my computer, despite upgrading firmware on network modules.

Primary issue is the scheduling issue. Any insight?

Thank you

I wish my pool builder had suggested this when I built mine last year. I never even considered that there could be a phone app to control and monitor it. Is that all you need is to add the 522353?

Yes VetteBlue, that's what you need (522353) if you currently have no Pentair automation. That's the least expensive anyway. You can spend more, with more features, but that's the entry level (screen logic) unit. Basically, you remove whatever it is you have in there now ("just a steel box, no readouts") and replace with the easytouch PL4 + screen logic. This can be quite an endeavor, and you may want/need the help of an electrical contractor. Be advised that this system does not provide for a sub panel in the area below the OCP. That's where the spending of more money like the straight Easytouch would get you. With the PL4 you will need to mount a separate sub panel for control breakers (if applicable).

Racket, i think you didn't notice there are two guys asking questions here. If you have existing Pentair automation like Yetis, yes, you need just the 520500 for screen logic.

Yes, you need an electrician to install the PL4. High voltage wires and such, not something to mess around with. I hope Pentair upgrades the app, as in its existing state, its almost unusable. However, back to the primary issue. Anyone have any trouble shooting experience with the schedule function? Just does not work.

Yes, you need an electrician to install the PL4. High voltage wires and such, not something to mess around with. I hope Pentair upgrades the app, as in its existing state, its almost unusable. However, back to the primary issue. Anyone have any trouble shooting experience with the schedule function? Just does not work.

Between the panel costs and the electrician, it sounds like it's probably not worth it. Apologies for hijacking the thread!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.