Replace my beloved Ultra Intex 14x48 with what?

shd_valley

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2010
Hi there -

First - thank you so much for this forum where I have learned so much and had several great pool seasons beginning with the easy set days and ending when my beloved Intex rusted out after three years - possibly due to the SWG - not sure - and they don't make that size anymore. My space is limited by a privet hedge on one side and a fence on two sides - I might be able to go to 15' probably not 16'.

Intex isn't the easiest brand to work with - but we have made all the modifications for our sandfilter pump, SWG, and Hayward skimmer - all of which are still in great working condition.

So what would you buy?

It seems that lots of new companies are jumping into the "disposable" AGP market. For size - the pro-series sold by you know who seems to be an option - and I have even thought of going with one of the more permanent looking Heritage pools. We used to just buy whatever Costco sold and get a few years out of it and replace.

If Intex still made the 14x48 Ultra - I would buy another in a flash - knowing that - what advice would you offer me?

With appreciation for all that I have learned here about BBB and testing and virtually maintenance free pool enjoyment.

I went through what you are with Intex and the 14*48. My available space for a pool keeps me from going bigger than 15'. I have the Sharkline Matrix and I love it. I do wish that my local dealer had carried a 15*54 but he did not. The Sharkline is sturdy and they have been responsive when I have asked questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.