Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey guys. I don't know why it never crossed my mind - I didn't even think about jets in the spa. We are getting a 7' round spa and set to have 6 jets. I have NO idea if that is enough. I want lots of movemen in the water. I have not researched or planned the spa. I just said I want one. I know, I know. What was I thinking!?

What do you have? How many jets? Is it enough?

Just finished building our pool/spa last month. We also have a 7' round spa that has 5 jets, with one having 2 jets for a total of 6. It moves plenty of water, but we definitely wish we had done more. At least 2 more single jets. There is a pretty good space in between all the jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that if you get much above about 6-8 jets, you may need a second pump to provide enough flow rate for the jets but it does depend on the type of jets you are planning to use (low flow vs high flow). PBs are notorious for designing under performing spa jets because most do not understand hydraulics very well.

We just had Gunite on Thursday, so our jets are set. We have 12 jets with 2 pumps and I believe 2 blowers. I hope our hydraulics are good! Honestly, everything is overwhelming to me. Way more to learn and understand than I ever imagined. And I thought I had done plenty of research. We are really at the mercy of our pool builders. Now I have to worry about hydraulics, and tile, and plaster oh my! Good luck Sunbury! Suz.

8 here on 8ft diameter spa, and I'd recommend 8 if you can do it. It was a paltry $50 difference to change from 6 to 8 jets when bidding out the plumbing aspect of construction. You should be able to get your PB to make that change for next to nothing, especially if they know you're privy to the cheap cost of jets.

This is so stressful! I feel like a monkey doing a math problem! I don't know what type of jets - I'd assume the cheapest. My PB is supposed to be out tomorrow to look at my property in person. Maybe I'll ask for more details!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.