pool filter high pressure within 4 hours of backwash

Apr 18, 2015
Greensboro NC
Hi All:
I am pretty good with my pool but this one has me stumped to the point that I am coming to the forums for help.
I have an 11 yr old inground pool with Triton 2 sand pool filter. I am the original owner. Toward the end of last year my filter pressure was rinsing faster then normal requiring backwashing every couple of days instead of ever couple of weeks. I assumed it was dirty and figured I would deal with it when I opened it this spring.
So yesterday I changed out the sand , backwashed it to get all the sand dust out and yet by this morning again the pressure was high. I backwashed it again and 4 hours later the pressure rises 10 psi which then reduces the pressure to the jets and not enough suction on the skimmer unless I shut the bottom drain.
Let me note that when I do back wash it for a couple of minutes and then a rinse, the pressure does start out normal. Also the pool is clear. I put a heavy shock in it 2 weeks ago when I removed the winter cover followed with a floculant. I ran it on the old sand until yesterday. So that should have left with the old sand.( I would think)

Any ideas?
Thanks
Tom

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Tom, I think your pool is acting perfectly normal. What you may be missing is that your filter is catching debris that you may not be able to see but it is nevertheless clogging your filter.

I suspect you do not have enough chlorine in your pool.

Can you post a complete set of test results?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.