Just opened and looking for a little help getting the water balanced

May 30, 2012
Allentown, PA
It has been I while I could use some help. Not exactly sure what order to go in.
FC-0
PH-7.1
TA- 70ppm
CYA- 20
Salt-2200

Water looks slightly cloudy, but I can see the bottom at 8'. Where there is dirt from coming through the rain vent on the winter cover it looks slightly geenish on the bottom at that spot.

23,000 gallon vinyl liner with SWG
Thanks

First priority is to get some chlorine in there. Then raise the PH a little bit. And then start on raising CYA up, but don't go all the way on CYA in one go, adjust perhaps 2/3rds of the way, wait a week, test, and adjust from there.

Things are just a teeny bit below what we recommend for CYA and pH, but you're close enough. With the cover off, you're getting sunlight in that pool, and slightly cloudy is going to be impenetrable in a couple days if you don't kill that algae, and fast. With 20 CYA, shock level is 10. Get some bleach in there ASAP, and check it again every couple hours and keep it there. If you have any powdered shock lying around from years past, you could use that to raise the CYA a little while you raise FC. But what's most important is killing that algae before it starts reproducing. A gallon today could save five or ten by Monday.

Complete instructions are in the SLAM article.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.