no CYA as tested with TF test kit

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
I tested my CYA today and my TFP test kit says I have no CYA. this is strange because I tested it a couple of times in the past 6 months or so and it said it was at like 40-60. I have had a lot of rain, but I don't drain the pool, I just let it evaporate so I don't screw up my cya and salt levels.

So my question is, can CYA just evaporate? Either the chemicals in my kit just went bad or I really have lost all CYA. I've been having problems with my salt generator producing some chlorine in the morning and then I test in the afternoon and the level is zero so its all pointing towards the stabilizer.

Hi, Rob,

No other reports of the CYA reagent going bad......it's a pretty inert solution so I doubt much can go wrong with it.

You seem to have good knowledge of the testing methods so everything pretty much points to 0 CYA.

I woulod certainly get another solution based test (not strips) for comparison, tho.

I have no clue why the CYA would disappear in a clear pool.

yea, I"m assuming the cya solution is good. I did have probably a little bit of algae in the pool, I tried to catch it pretty quick by adding chlorine. Could that cause it?

I"m testing a new type of salt generator/robotic cleaner and the the cell has some issues so my pool has gone down to no chlorine or very little chlorine a couple of times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.