TF-100 readings and my SLAM process

Azgirl71

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 9, 2015
Sierra Vista, Az
I decided to start a new thread with TF 100 results and my SLAM process.

readings

04/18/2015 @ 7:30am
Water temp: 60
FC: .5
CC: 3
PH: 7.2
TA: 90
CH: forgot to do..oops
CYA: 40

Salt: 3100

At 8:48 am dumped 121oz 8.25% in pool
Will test again in a few hours.
Do I just test FC and CC?

A pic of my pool. You can barely make out the 3rd ladder step.

Hi Azgirl,
Nah.. if you want to be on the safe side, consider it 50. Looks good. Better safe than sorry.. .if it acutally is 40, then the bit of extra chlorine will help a bit. Keep on top of the SLAM and test every couple ours and top off the chlorine. The more you stay on top of it... especially early in the SLAM, the quicker you will knock it out

You're welcome Azgirl.

Keep us informed on how its going.

As a note,... if you write down the time, and what your FC is every time you test, and how much bleach you add, then after a few times, you will see a trend start to happen, and sorta start to see how things are improving.

Latest readings

4/18/2015 @11:20am
Water temp: 62
FC: 4.5
CC: 1
PH: 7.2 Did not test
TA: 90. Did not test
CH: forgot to do..oops
CYA: 40. Did not test

Dumped 80ozs of 8.25% @ 11:30 am

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for making a new thread Lisa.

Stick with Dave and he'll get you fixed up on this.

No problem figured it would be easier to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome Azgirl.

Keep us informed on how its going.

As a note,... if you write down the time, and what your FC is every time you test, and how much bleach you add, then after a few times, you will see a trend start to happen, and sorta start to see how things are improving.
Just posted new readings

I was just complimenting Dave, and emphasizing that you that you had good help with him is all I meant.

From here, no reason to run anything except the FC/CC tests until you get the SLAM done. The pH is invalid most of the time and the others don't have any bearing on the SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
welp,
sounds good so far, you lost a lot of chlorine on the first go. From approx 20 to 4.5 in a matter of only 4 hours. Lots of chlorine giving up the ghost pretty quick!

If you have the time Azgirl,
I would suggest testing every 2 hours until you see a slow down in chlorine consumption. The more often you can test and keep the FC at SLAM level, the better. Once the FC gets a couple of ppm below the slam level, its effectiveness slows down drastically.

D
welp,
sounds good so far, you lost a lot of chlorine on the first go. From approx 20 to 4.5 in a matter of only 4 hours. Lots of chlorine giving up the ghost pretty quick!

If you have the time Azgirl,
I would suggest testing every 2 hours until you see a slow down in chlorine consumption. The more often you can test and keep the FC at SLAM level, the better. Once the FC gets a couple of ppm below the slam level, its effectiveness slows down drastically.

Thanks Dave. I am getting ready to test again. It had been close to 2 hours. I am just waiting for some pool water to get to room temp as I read if the water is too cold it may register lower CYA. 2 days ago my CYA per pool store was 60. The water was a little warmer around 72. Should I just for go testing CYA with room temp water and bump us my shock level a bit?

I wouldnt worry about testing CYA again unless you arent comfy with using 50. Teh cold water deal is true but only to some certain degree. If you water temp is above 70, then you dont need to let it get any warmer. It will test fine.

When testing CYA, stand outside in the natural light, with your back to the sun. Hold the tube a waist level and put the solution in.
You can use the same sample to test several times, just pour it from teh tube to back in the bottle and repeat until you are comfortable that the level is good.

When it comes down to it, the CYA test is really the scientific of them all because light and temp also play a part in the result.

I wouldnt worry about testing CYA again unless you arent comfy with using 50. Teh cold water deal is true but only to some certain degree. If you water temp is above 70, then you dont need to let it get any warmer. It will test fine.

When testing CYA, stand outside in the natural light, with your back to the sun. Hold the tube a waist level and put the solution in.
You can use the same sample to test several times, just pour it from teh tube to back in the bottle and repeat until you are comfortable that the level is good.

When it comes down to it, the CYA test is really the scientific of them all because light and temp also play a part in the result.

4/18/2015 @ 1:30pm
FC: 1
Dumped 124 ozs of 8.25% for Shock of 20

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.