Fresh fill questons

SCon36

Jul 2, 2014
Bedford, KY
I recently had to empty my pool for some maintenance and now have the pool refilled and circulating. After adding some bleach, here are my numbers.

FC- 3.6
CC- 0
pH- 8.0
total alk- 200
cya- 0
CH- don't remember the number but was well within range

I am now adding cya using the sock method. Caution, always check that old sock for holes before filling. Now I'm using the double sock method. :p

With heavy rain forecasted in the Ohio valley tomorrow and the addition of cya, should I leave the pH and alkalinity alone or go ahead and make adjustments?

Here are my latest numbers. Still working on TA as you can see.

FC- 6.5
CC- 0
pH- 7.4
total alk- 170
CH- 200

I have both return jets aimed toward the top of the water and my slide going. Aeration is in progress. Anything else I should do for TA?
cya- 35

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, I have added a lot of acid to this pool. Over the course of the last week or so, I've added two gallons of 31.45% muriatic acid and then some ph down dry acid. The ph will drop to 7.6 or so, but always go right back to 8 within the next day. TA stays between 170-200.

My FC is 6 and CYA is still about 35. I've also been working to bring it up a little.

Things are finally starting to fall in line. My pH is 7.6 and TA is 130. The pH will rise a little over a few days, but TA has been holding steady at 130. Added a little more acid just a little bit ago. Come to find out, my local small town hardware store has the best price on muriatic acid. It's the good stuff with a good date. Can't beat that. And, they're just a few minutes down the road. WIN!

19f3d81f5eaa4324e3c149043a7ccc8b.jpg

Here's a picture. I've been pretty happy with the way it looks since I pulled off the cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.