Pool pump replacement

Jul 1, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Looks like the stock pump that came with my intex18x48 crashed this morning and is making loud noises and no water circulating. I am ready to upgrade to asand filter and pump, I was just looking on amazon and found:

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Sand-Fi...id=1429367459&sr=8-2&keywords=intex+pool+pump

Seems the pumps are in variou sizes from 1200 to 3000 gph, Any suggestions?

I also am running a salt generator so I need something that would be compatible.

Thanks in advance.

I recommend getting the largest of the Intex sand filter systems you can afford, though any of them are an improvement over the Intex cartridge filter systems. The Intex SWG is compatible with all of the Intex sand filter systems.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't know if intex was the best way to go or with Hayward. I am assuming sand is the best way to go as well, the cartridges are kind of a pain to keep cleaning. If there is something better I don't mind spending a couple extra bucks.

I have an Intex 16' by 48" deep and picked up a heater and pentair super flo with sand filter on craigslist. here are the picture. This was the best thing I ever bought. Its over kill for my pool but the heater is used alot here in northeast IL.

Attachments

• 20140527_115225  A.jpg
    20140527_115225 A.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20140527_114509 B.jpg
    20140527_114509 B.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 50
Yeah, I looked around on craigslist and not much in my neck of the woods. Pool pump just quit so I want to get something relatively quickly. Well at least it's reassuring that the intex sand filter/pumps are half way decent. I did score a brand new Hayward heater so I do need to make sure that it will pump sufficient water. All of the equipment is within 5ft.

20pilot, keep looking on Craig's List! Pool season is just kicking off n you will be absolutely blown away with the deals you can find on there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.