Simple automation system

Apr 9, 2015
Brookline
Since i am going with a salt system for my future 18x36 IG single roman end pool, I am debating either Pentair or Hayward. I have a Hayward super pump and a aqua comfort heat pump that I will be using as well. I want to possibly get a automated system. Looking at either the Pentair easy touch or the Hayward PL-Plus. I like the fact that they both have built in circuit breakers. I am leaning toward the Pentair because i will be using there LED color pool light. I really do not need anything else besides the circuit breakers, light control and timer. Are these units what i should be looking at? Thanks in advance, Jordan

Welcome to TFP!

A Pentair automation system will give you much better control over Pentair lights than you would have mixing brands. It is only important to match brands on automation systems, variable speed pumps and multi-color lights. Everything else should be easy to setup with any brand of automation.

The Pentair SWG has some disadvantages if you don't also get a Pentair automation system, but that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.