Vitro-clean aka glass, Tell us your experiances

br1ght

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Jun 18, 2014
International Falls, MN
Hi All,

I am awaiting the arrival of our new 27x5' AG pool. It is coming with a generic 'sand' filter and a two speed Hayward pump. We have a 100K BTU nat gas heater and live northern Minnesota (in The Ice Box of the Nation). Being that we want to use this pool as many hours as possible in our short season, we will be lighting it for night use. Our existing pool (21x4') had a sand filter which did the job but I'd never invite guest to swim under the lights as the 'fines' clearly were visible even with adding DE regularly.

So, I am considering using glass beads/crushed glass and would like to hear from those who are using it or have used it. If you stopped using it please tell us how long ago as products have changed and supposedly improved... Vitro-Clean a major investment (another ~$300 with shipping) and no one within a days drive keeps it in stock...

TIA
br1ght

Bright,

I'm pretty sure virtually everyone gets "floaties" that show under the lights at night. I have found I can minimize mine by increased filtration time.......run the pump longer. I'm sure DE to my sand filter would help also but just the simple act of increasing your run time will help a lot.

Anything specific about those negative reports? Vitroclean is pretty common on the West Coast. Probably costs less out here though.

Welcome to the forum.

One thing I recall is the various makers having trouble getting the partical size right. Of course the higher cost is usually the main complaint as I recall. I don't know that specifically, but sand is relatively inexpensive. For a cost/value, I'm not sure that has been winnowed out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.