newbie test results

mocitypool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2008
Missouri City TX
I have an IG SWG pool, nearly 4 weeks young. I live in Missouri City, TX, a 'burb of Houston.
Here are my test results:

PH 7.3
T/A 400
FC 3.5
CC .5 ?
TC 35
CH 90-100
CYA 30

The pool has had the SWG running for about a week, now. PH has been running high, so has the T/A (this PH reading is the lowest I've had it so far). The T/A has been awfully high, it seems, too.
Pool water is usually clear, but occasionally it gets a bit cloudy.

I noticed a bump on the pool floor yesterday, like a big pimple ... Don't remember that being there before. Is that scaling?

What should I be doing, chemical-wise? .. besides hiding my pool from Hurricane Ike! :shock:

I would read the article about lowering TA in Pool School, and Recommended Levels for SWG, your CYA is a bit low.

A pimple? Hmmmm.....your specs don't describe the surface. Is it plaster? Your CH is low so I would not guess scale.

Is "TC 35" a typo? I don't recognize this.

Back from Ike! We were out of power for almost a week, but we had great weather (after the storm) considering ...
We have a WetEdge (pebble) pool.
I kept the organics cleaned out (after about a 2-day battle). I shocked two days ago, and am out of chlorine now. Here are my latest #'s:

FC .5
CC .5
TC 1
pH 7.8
T/A 250
CH 210
CYA 40
Temp is around 91 degrees

I need some help/advice, please. I'm heading to the store to get bleach. Any suggestions on kind / brand? (Is Tide Ultra 2x "original unscented" what I'm looking for? We have this already.)

Anything else look wacky? I think I need to bring my T/A down. What order do I need to do these in?

The pool is very clear and sparkling, and only took a full day after the pump came on - and a fair amount of brushing! - to get it there. I'm happy about that, but know I need to get on with balancing out my water.

You need chlorine.

As far as I know Tide is always laundry detergent, not bleach. You want plain bleach without and additive or scents (original scent is unscrnted). The famous brand is Clorox, but house brands are often cheaper. Keep an eye on the percentage, higher percentages are better, 6% is usually easy enough to find. If they don't list the percentage it is often very low and not a good deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.