algae problems too

Hi All. I am new to the web site and live in middle Tn. I am having problems with my pool and I just recieved my test kit today. I am having problems with greenish algae. Was afraid I was putting in too much bleach so waited to get test kit before I preceded. I had clear water till recently.
Here are my numbers.

fc 2.0
ph 7.4
cc 0.5
tc 2.5
ta 70
cya 45

Can someone help me KEEP it clear
Hope I posted this in the right place. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum.

You need to shock the pool.

Go into "Pool School" above and read "Shocking your Pool" and "Defeating algae"

You'll find you need lot's more chlorine. Using Jason's calculator in my sig, calculate adding enough to get you to around 20ppm (total) and put it in your pool. It will drop very quickly.

The trick to clearing the pool quickly is to keep testing and adding chlorine as needed to keep your FC up around 15. The articles will tell you that.

Post back any questions you have and remember to stick with it....it'll take more chlorine than you expect but it will be sparkly very soon.

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I was afraid that is what it was. I used to have 18 ft pool and it didn't take much to keep fc up then. :oops: Do my numbers look ok otherwise? I will shock pool tonight. Also with vinyl liner 20ppm wont hurt it? Thanks again :wave:

Yes, your other numbers are fine. After you clear the pool, you may want to "tweak" something a little but they're all very reasonable.

20ppm will not hurt your liner with a CYA of 45 that helps buffer it. Again, I suspect it will drop within hours to below 10 and you'll need to add more to keep the FC up until your pool is completely clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.