Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
I have spent about 3 hours looking through google posts/searches and cant find exactly what I am trying to do, so here it goes..

I want to use a 3 way jandy port and have 1 side be used as waste. It would be after the pump but before the filter. I would have that port closed 99.9% of the time unless I needed to winterize or get water out of the pool.. Can I do this, will the Vavle leak if I do not have a pipe connected to it? I plan on connecting a 50 foot waste hose but that is it.

Thanks
casey

That will work just fine.

The one change I would recommend is to use enough rigid PVC to move the water away from the equipment pad, so that if the flexible hose comes off, or otherwise fails, you won't be spraying huge amounts of water on the equipment.

A tee and a gate valve are a lot cheaper than a Jandy three-way. You don't really need to block off the filter to have a waste line - there's very little restriction in an open line compared to the filter. Probably eighty percent of the flow would head on out the waste line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.