Problems With Pool Wall

Apr 16, 2015
Methuen, Ma
I am a new member, not sure if I am posting to the correct spot. Apologizes if I am not.

My issue is as follows...

I have a 24' above ground pool. Over the winter the pressure from the ice onto the cover (cover was stretch pretty tight all winter) caused a slight accordion type buckling on the very bottom of the pool. This issue is isolated to the bottom 6 inches in about half the pool. No wall breakage an the water is intact. My question/concern is...has the wall be structurally been compromised? I can provide pictures if thats possible on the forum.

Welcome.

Please provide pictures as that will get you the best answer fastest. Also, please add your state as no one probably knows where Methuen is, n I'm not googling.
What we need to know to answer your questions

I'll give you my quick opininon on the buckling. Frost heave. The ground moved during freezing n now the pool is not level hence the buckle halfway around the pool. A buckle like that, that low will occur for one reason and that is because it's out of level.

Please send pics.

That's not good. Not good at all. I was expecting to see that wall bowed a bit but that is past bowed.

That is your best option. How old was the pool?

Are you going to install yourself? If you don't have a good test kit, get a TF100. You can look at them here:Test Kit Comparison

Good luck!

It looks like it possible to replace just the wall... but that part may exceed the cost of a new pool. Looks like an elephant sat on the pool...LOL.

This is of course, assuming the top rails and supports were not damaged.

Sorry for your bad luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.