Ratchet straps instead of rope - Intex

ClareJ

May 23, 2012
My rope for my intex frame pool is pretty much useless now, I've read on here about ratchet straps, just wondering if anyone could provide me with any information or pictures of how theyve done it? Also how long will the ratchet strap need to be for a 15ft pool?

I'm not sure how they've done it, but you'll need about 48-50' for that pool to have plenty to work with. You could supplement some straps with really strong Nylon rope most likely. Good luck on it! :goodjob:

This is exactly what I did with ours although it's an 18ft pool. The rope wasn't cutting it so I used 5 ratcheting straps around the bottom.
20150416_113653_zps5pobh7ji.jpg

They've been on this pool for 6yrs and have done the job perfectly at keeping the legs where they need to be. It's easy enough to go around and tighten them if needed but after the first year I never touched them again.

My rope is pretty much disintegrated and I'm not even sure where it is...it's sort of buried under the dirt that erodes around the pool. I uncovered some of it when I was finally adding a border around my pool last weekend...

I'm a bad pool owner. :(

lol

Thanks for the info. What is the width of the strap you used. I could only find 1 inch thick straps and the 2 inch straps were pretty heavy so wanted to be sure if they would work.
This is exactly what I did with ours although it's an 18ft pool. The rope wasn't cutting it so I used 5 ratcheting straps around the bottom.
20150416_113653_zps5pobh7ji.jpg

They've been on this pool for 6yrs and have done the job perfectly at keeping the legs where they need to be. It's easy enough to go around and tighten them if needed but after the first year I never touched them again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.