Liner replacement

Apr 23, 2008
StL, MO
Any concerns about leaving pool drained for 10-14 days between time pool is measured and new line is ordered and installed?

No water table issues, the pool is located in a walkout with a sloping grade away from the pool.

Thanks!

Is this and in ground or above ground pool?

For above ground: A lot of wind and/or rain could make the walls fall over and mess up the floor
For in ground: a lot of rain could also mess up the floor and walls.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Is this and in ground or above ground pool?

For above ground: A lot of wind and/or rain could make the walls fall over and mess up the floor
For in ground: a lot of rain could also mess up the floor and walls.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Sorry, it's an in ground pool. I left the liner in place and it will remain so until the day of replacement. I'm wondering if static pressure from the backfill on the polymer walls will cause problems. There's a pretty thick bond beam.

Leaving the pool empty as little as possible is the best route. 2 weeks is a bit of a stretch although probably OK.

Are you doinbg so to get exact measurements? Can you locate the pool manufacturer for measurements?

Sorry, it's an in ground pool. I left the liner in place and it will remain so until the day of replacement. I'm wondering if static pressure from the backfill on the polymer walls will cause problems. There's a pretty thick bond beam.

I have an in ground pool with polymer walls that was left unfilled for at least a year before I bought the house. We have expansive clay soil and at times can have a relatively high water table, and one of the results of having the pool unfilled for such a long time is that some of the polymer panels are bowed a bit. It doesn't really affect the pool except that if you look closely you can see that the sides of the pool are not quite straight. My guess is that you probably will not have a problem with only 2 weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.