Ground cloth under Intex pool

We haven't had a pool in a few years, thought I was going to get a hardside AGP this time round but we decided against it. Probably going with a Polygroup or Intex 18' x 52" this time. Last time we set one up, we just had sand underneath the pool, roots and stuff tried to grow up into the pool so I think I need something different. I was thinking of using Happy Bottom padding or something similar underneath, then to prevent any grass, bring sand up the side about even with the curve in the bottom then mulch on top. Any thoughts on this? Is the Happy Bottom much different than just getting foam board and cutting it to size?
I also noticed that people set the legs on blocks, at least with the rectangular pools. Is this possible with the round pools? It always seemed that the legs were too close to the bottom liner and I couldn't get the blocks under the feet enough to do any good.

You should use pavers under each post/leg.

Happy bottom should prevent weeds and such from growing up through the liner. I'd also get a weed killer n spray the area down before install.

Do not use sand to try and level the pool. What you use outside the pool to prevent weeds is up,to you.

When we leveled the ground for our pool we piled it up in the corner of the yard, pretty much behind the pool. Over the years it's eroded and had actually gotten deeper around the back of the pool than I had realized.

Last weekend I was clearing out around the pool. I always have it clear, just a dirt ring about 6-8 inches wide around the pool but the last few years I haven't bothered to dig out all the washed out dirt which is now covering most of my pavers and feet.

I dug most of it out this weekend and didn't find any damage. I don't think I'd recommend doing it purposely though. I was worried most about the legs since they are metal they might not like having dirt around them. (Rust?)

Mind you, I started digging mine out and they all look perfectly fine... I didn't fully dig out the ones in the back. I figured I'd better leave well enough alone. I did make a new border that will prevent any more dirt from washing in there though.

The intex pools that I've seen here that have been partially buried have been done by making a hole that was larger than the pool, building retaining walls and putting the pool inside. In that case there is no dirt up against the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.