Round pressure gauge vs. square back

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
Hopefully this makes sense...

My Waterco pump has a "rounded indentation" for a gauge and a o-ring.

All the gauges I find have SQUARE ends and when I tighten it the o-ring does not seat. This has leaked since day one and I would like to fix.

Any ideas where I can find a rounded back end to fit my round opening ?

Hopefully this picture will help.

pool%20pressure%20round_zpsaqw2wzkr.jpg

The square sides are so you can put a wrench on it. You shouldn't need an o-ring, just some Teflon tape on the threads. Was it not super hard to get the gauge to go in that far? Mine wouldn't go that far without a wrench most of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The square sides are so you can put a wrench on it. You shouldn't need an o-ring, just some Teflon tape on the threads. Was it not super hard to get the gauge to go in that far? Mine wouldn't go that far without a wrench most of the way.

Mmmmm, I got a ton of Teflon (like 5-6 wraps) and I tightened by hand. Wonder if I have a different issue than I thought ?

I'm wondering if that pump might have some oddball metric thread that's close, but not the same, as national pipe thread. I looked up the waterco website and looked at some manuals to see if it had a parts list, and it's in a bunch of languages. And no parts list.

Gotta be something going on. Mine is 1/4"npt. I always use 5-6 turns of Teflon. Mine tightened up in 3-4 turns max. Npt is cut on a taper, so it should take incredible force to get it in that far.

Grainger has them and I'm sure other places do as well.
Is it 1/4 or 1/8? 1/4 will actually be 1/2" OD and 1/8 will be 3/8" OD.
Also what size is the case? 40 or 50mm (1½" or 2")

They also make adapters from BSP to NPT.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.