OTO test off the charts

Nubo

Sep 5, 2008
Vallejo, CA
My pool seems recovered from a recent algae bloom. I haven't yet received my test kit so went through 5 days of adding considerable amounts of bleach, and filtering 24 hours a day. The water has been very clear for a couple of days so I figure most of the Chlorine will now be FC instead of CC?

I stopped adding bleach 2 days ago. All I've got at the moment is the little OTO kit that came with the pool. Day before yesterday it was the color of a blood orange. Yesterday, a medium-dark orange.

I know this is probably beyond the accuracy of the test, but given the above conditions am I safe to let it continue trending down for a couple of more days? I imagine I'll have the full test kit sometime this week. I just don't want to lose any ground in the meantime. On the other hand I don't want to be over-chlorinating my wife!

37 :shock:
After 2 days? How much bleach did you add? :shock:

Are you using the Pool Calculator to determine proper dosing? :wink: Because with a CYA of 30, your shock level is only about 12. You may experience fading of your vinyl.

Yes, you're gonna love your new kit. :goodjob: :mrgreen:

So when you feel ready, your TA high. Read about lowering TA in pool school. Youre PH is at the low end. Lowering TA requires Muratic Acid and aeration, so you'll need a source for aeration. Where are you located/when is your pool season over? Because if you're almost done, I wouldn't do any adjusting now if you're only going to drain it.

Can you add your pool equipment and specs to your Signature.... go to the User Control Panel, top left, and then Profile, and then Edit Signature. I had to search your posts to find where you have an Intex pool. This way it helps responders answer questions better, without having to search to find your information. :)

Thanks fpm,

I think I counted 8 bottles of various sizes in our recycle bin.

Now that I know my numbers, I can use the calculator :)

We're in Vallejo, CA. we've got a bit more warm weather and I'm considering some solar to extend. I would like to make the season as long as possible because water workouts are very beneficial for my wife.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.