need advice on making an Intex brand auto cleaner work with a Polygroup brand pool

Apr 15, 2015
Ashland City
I have a 14'x42" AGP made by Polygroup and thought it was an Intex brand when I bought an automatic cleaner that is suppose to be compatible with all pools by Intex. I did not even realize the brand of the pool wasn't Intex until I contacted their customer support and they told me...(DUH)
But,anyway..The cleaner came provided with an adapter to screw the hose onto the return outlet in the pool. Problem came when I tried to do this and the adapter is about 1" too big. So,then I tried attaching the hose without the adapter and it is about 1/8" too small :(
I cannot find an adapter to fit at the hardware stores and really don't want to go through the hassel of sending this thing back. Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to make it fit?

Welcome to TFP Mel.

I can not help you but hopefully someone can.

we have the exact same problem. Had no idea the pool we bought wasn't Intex brand either. Were you able to find an adapter or should we send ours back? I've tried calling Intex and the lady I get just says if it's not an Intex pool there is nothing she can do. Thank you!!

I'm going to get one soon, and I plan to replace this tee that I made from PVC to hook up a garden hose with one with the proper size to fit the Intex robot. Then I can just close the plunger valve at the return and redirect all the water to the robot.

You can get all the PVC fittings you need at any hardware store for under $20 and build whatever you need.

temporary_zpslhgl0qes.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.