Small Outlet filter????

No biggie..had an emergency call so I had to leave what I was writing in a hurry (my bad)..what I have in mind is putting an additional pump filter between the pump/filter outlet and the inlet into the pool eye..does that help?.any issue with this..again my bad

There should be no point in doing that. It would just add head loss and lower your flow rate.

Nothing should be making it past your filter unless you have a problem in it.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

I actually thought about doing that to polish the water. I never got around to it because of the cost to benefit ratio. I was thinking about a 1 or 2 micron filter after the main filter, but by the time you got one large enough to keep the pressure drop low enough that it doesn't affect the flow, it gets pretty expensive.

What is passing through your filter? If it is larger debris, you might have channeling in the sand. Have you back washed recently? If so, what is the PSI before and after the backwash?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.